Garlic Stuffed Chicken
Makes: 4 servings
2 cups water
8 garlic clove (unpeeled)
6 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped, divided)
1 teaspoon lemon zest (grated)
1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning blend
4 chicken breast (4 ounce, with skin)
1/4 cup chicken broth (reduced sodium)
2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add garlic; cook for 10 minutes. Drain garlic, peel and cut into thin slices. In a small bowl, combine garlic, 1/2 cup of chopped parsley, lemon zest, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Loosen skin from each chicken breast to form a pocket. Place about 1 teaspoon of garlic mixture under skin of each breast. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken skin-side down; cook until golden, about 4 minutes. Turn chicken; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and cook until no longer pink in center, about 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate. Wipe any fat away from the skillet.
- Add remaining chopped parsley, broth, and lemon juice to pan. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Spoon mixture over chicken.